Claire has an academic career behind her, having studied in Switzerland and lectured in various universities in Africa on social psychology and research methodology. She has also accumulated experience in human relations, diversity and conflict management as well as training. Her experience in leadership and management comes from her various positions in the academic world, the SA government where she was quite active in the transformational process as well as her work with NGO’s.
Her international experience, amplified by her knowledge of languages such as French and German, has allowed her to develop a wide understanding of the professional world. Moreover, being continuously in contact with people speaking a “second language” has taught her to communicate in a clear and simple way, to send an understandable and unambiguous message. It is in this style that she has written two books on social research addressed to a wide readership.
She has attended a variety of leadership courses, has applied the acquired skills extensively before training leaders at various levels. This was particularly effective when dealing with international mediation tasks.
Due to her background as a social / research psychologist, her many years of experience as professor in various African universities as well as director of an Institute of Educational Technology, she has acquired the theoretical and practical background to enhance her competence as facilitator / trainer. This has also helped her to analyse, understand and integrate in different human environments.
Strengths and Experience Summary:
- Management experience in various set-ups and countries
- Extensive leadership experience with divers groups and cultures
- Psychological background
- Decision-maker with motivational skills
- Team building and participatory work environment promoter
Personal attributes and inherent skills:
- Profound interest and respect for human beings
- Sensitivity for hearing the unsaid
- Listening ability which motivates for further self-discovery
- Intellectual agility and curiosity for discovery
- Continuous knowledge and skills up-date activities
- Creativity and lateral thinking ability
- Enthusiastic and passionate in her profession
Claire has graduated from The People Business Leadership Coaching Academy and based on her business and coaching experience to date, she qualifies as an Executive Personal and Leadership Coach.
I was very intent on not giving anything away and yet Claire heard everything, she has excellent listening skills.” ~ Marketing manager, service company